Discover the Ho Chi Minh City behind the landmarks and see more than on foot or bus with this Private Saigon Unseen and Food Tour. Riding a guide-driven scooter, leave District 1’s tourist confines to explore old residential neighborhoods, where local life reigns and try some local food there.
Tour High Lights
- Uncover hidden Ho Chi Minh City on a private guide–driven motorbike tour
- Delve into districts, alleys, and temples often missed by tourists ( 7 districts in this tour)
- Try some local food which you can not find by yourself
- Explore markets and residential areas, sip coffees local life
- Cover more than on foot or bus, with hotel pickup and drop-off included
Kick off the trip, We will head to the local restaurant in Saigon to try a delicious bowl of noodles soup (Bun Thit Nuong or Bun Bo).
Then,Nguyen Thien Thuat complex apartments – An oasis of old Saigon right in the city’s downtown – a special spot to understand about traditional lifestyle and you can climb up to the top of old buildings and see the contrasting architecture between the modern and the traditional of Ho Chi Minh city.
After that, Drive to “the biggest wholesales flowers market” which is opened 24/7. And Take a short walk to see beautiful bouquets at the shop and get a secret gift from your local guides. Go deeper to alleyways to see “Cambodian market” and see how local live and eat.
Continue to The oldest coffee shop where you can fully experience the city’s old vibe and we will learn the way of brewing coffee with a clay pot and a cloth strainer. For sure, Get back to the table, try the best coffee in the city and chat with the guide about Saigon.
Venture around the China town in Ho Chi Minh city and stop at 300 years old temple. It is one of the most active temples in Cho Lon and has an otherworldly atmosphere owing to the smoking rings of swirling incense and majestic interior furnishings.
Next we will go around other districts to see local life along the river with slum areas . We know that you feel hungry so we will stop at the unique spot in HCM for 2 more kinds food and try to cook by yourself here.
End of your trip, We will go to a small floating market in Saigon where where poor migrants from the Mekong Delta live in makeshift houseboats and earn their daily bread by selling fruit. You can try a fresh coconut here.
What should not bring: It is recommended that you leave your handbags, passports and jewelry at your hotel for safe keeping
What should bring: A camera is always encouraged. Please take extra care of your camera to avoid theft.
Clothing recommendations: We recommend that you should wear something comfortable and cool. Shorts, t-shirts and light pants are also suitable.
- Please inform your local guide/us about any food allergies you may have.
- All of the places we take you to are local areas, which are not touristy places and may be close at some times. If the stop is closed in the tour day due to some reason, we will change suitable local food for you.
- If you want to go by car, we will charge based on the number of people.